Friday, September 26, 2008

This one's for you...

So much I could say I don't even know where to start. Guess that's what happens when I don't write for awhile and yet my mind keeps up at its usual pace.

Where does time go? Can't believe it is almost October! I love this time of year, though - Warm, sunny days, but cooler nights with a bit of an edge - that smell of the cold yet to come. Granted, I can find things I love & don't-love-so-much about any season.

I think I may be ready to narrow in on a research agenda - have had some good conversations with some good friends who are also grad students. Though I was thinking the other day about something I am SO interested in for my own purposes, and yet I've never considered it as a possible area to focus my research. It's about females and AD/HD - particularly young women and AD/HD. Women who were never "diagnosed" as children, but symptoms become more apparent when these young women begin going through major transitions - such as the transition into college life... What's more, there is research looking at the frontal lobe and eating pathologies. AD/HD is though to impact the frontal lobe... Women and the expression of AD/HD...

I don't know, though - I still view this as more a personal interest than something to really dive in to at this point for school purposes. Granted, I used it as a topic for a class last year, and am using it as another topic this semester, so who knows?

but for now, I will leave that as a side interest. The major challenge at the moment is to figure out how to go about assessing whether knowledge gleaned via equine-guided learning transfers into "real world" situations...

In other news, riding is wonderful, as usual. I've considered (and probably even mentioned that I've considered) moving back in to town every now and then so I can be closer to school. But then I come home and it is quiet (save for the coyotes) and the starts are so ridiculously bright. And I get up in the morning to the relatively quiet fresh air (boy-oh-boy, the donkey is a great alarm clock), and get some physical activity to kick off the day, and get some riding to kick off the day - and did I mention the acres and acres of land to go ride on? I just don't know I could give it up for city-life. Not that Greeley is anything like the city of Denver or even Fort Collins, but still - the point is that I definitely cannot walk around the house naked ;)

I have also been in a ridiculously good mood as of late - tired, workin' hard, and still dealing with some tension headache stuff - but in wonderful mood, nonetheless. The way we interact as humans is fascinating - there are so many dimensions, so many factors. It can be good, bad and even ugly - but right now, mostly good. Great, even.

Except when I start thinking about politics.

last thought for the evening:
"Ignorance may be bliss, but partial ignorance is frustrating."
Thanks for a good night ~N and Kiki! ;)

1 comment:

kiki said...

Thank you, too! I had so much fun, as well. And laughing so hard definitely put me in a good mood, too. :) We should do it again sometime and I'll bring my boyfriend along.