Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day!



Happy Earth Day, everyone!

I'd like to share this article - Can you afford to go green? - that Heidi directed my attention to.
My favorite aspect of the article? It reminds us that "going green" doesn't require the drastic, expensive changes people often initially think. Just start by consuming less. Yup, it's that easy. And I'm definitely a big fan of recycling and buying recycled. And carpooling can be a good way to get to know some really awesome people. But the take-home message: start small, and suddenly it's not so intimidating.

Hope you had a good day today :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I especially liked this article because so much of the "going green" advice you see is either too expensive for most people, or impractical, or just doesn't apply. Like, I'd love to put solar panels on my roof... if I owned my roof. And I'd love more efficient appliances, if I could somehow justify replacing the ones I have, which still work just fine. I'd like to take public transportation, if my town had some that was actually convenient. This was actually... sensible!

Can't wait to see you Karen!