Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Woohoo!

I got it!!! My dream job (Well, the kind of job that a graduate student might dream of, anyway...)! I was offered a Graduate Reasearch Assistant (GRA) position with the University's Tutoring Center and I am waaaay excited. I work a scheduled number of hours per week helping research the tutoring center demographics and use and effectiveness and such, and then look into what other universities are doing and recommended "best practices" and such - totally right up my alley, still related to education, and totally cool. And I get paid monthly plus get tuition assistance. AND I get to share workspace with Kiki! Woohoo!

Anyways, I really wanted it but wasn't really expecting to be offered it, so yay! I will miss teaching, but am totally looking forward to August to start this!

2 comments:

kiki said...

Yeah!!!!! I'm excited for you and excited to be sharing office space, although I'll only be there 8 hours a week next semester rather than 16. But, what?! Did you say you weren't going to be teaching??!?!!? Gasp! You are so good at it! You can't do both research and teaching?

Jael said...

Wow, that's awesome Karen! I am so excited for you! That sounds perfect for you!