Monday, August 25, 2008

Bits and tidbits and morsels

I love that word - morsels. Mmmmm - mmmorsels. Aaaah.

I also love being a dork - and the fact that Kiki says there is no such thing as "too dorky" - I love my new job. I spent the afternoon organizing and color-coding data and running f-tests and t-tests and calculating Cohen's d. yeah, yeah - whoop-de-frickin'-do - but it actually makes me feel quite satisfied. All about the simple pleasures, people.

I love where I am in life and all the opportunities that I have - how many people get to ride horses in the morning and then head off to a sweet job and school all afternoon/evening? And free gym priveledges?

I love my family, of course. And my friends. Where would I even be without their love and support?

Speaking of friends, I am loving the book my friend Di lent me - If the Buddha Dated. "make this commitment to [yourself]: More than anything else, I want myself. I want to live with integrity and truth. I'm not going to hide the jewel of who I am, nor will I mask my imperfections. No bargains, no avoiding reality, no conning myself, no lies. The more we commit to knowing and accepting ourselves, the more we are able to surrender to loving another person because we have nothing to hide and nothing to feel ashamed of. ... If we live by truth we may have pain, but we will always rest securely within ourselves."

Finally (for now), I also love the Jason Mraz "I'm Yours" song - I posted the music video above. A few choice lyrics:

Well-a you done done me and you bet I felt it
I tried to be chill but you're so hot that I melted
I fell right through the cracks, and now I'm trying to get back
Before the cool done run out I'll be giving it my bestest
And nothing's going to stop me but divine intervention
I reckon it's again my turn to win some or learn some

But I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait, I'm yours

Well open up your mind and see like me
Open up your plans and damn you're free
I look into your heart and you'll find love love love love
Listen to the music of the moment, people dance and sing
We're just one big family
And it's our God-forsaken right to be loved loved loved loved loved

So I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait, I'm sure
There's no need to complicate, our time is short
This is our fate, I'm yours
...
I've been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror
And bending over backwards just to try to see it clearer
But my breath fogged up the glass
And so I drew a new face and I laughed
I guess what I be saying is there ain't no better reason
To rid yourself of vanities and just go with the seasons
It's what we aim to do, our name is our virtue

But I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait, I'm yours

No comments: