Thursday, October 22, 2009

Finally!

So you're supposed to file a plan of study by the end of your second year in your respective grad program. I'm almost 1/2-way through my fourth year. But I finally did it!
Granted, it still has to be approved by the grad school, and I probably still wouldn't have done it if I didn't absolutely have to - you only get to graduate when you've checked off all the requirements listed on it (which is why I think it's silly to do by the end of your second year - if you change anything or if a course is no longer offered so you have to make a substitution or ANYTHING, you have to submit separate forms for changes), and you don't get to put together your dissertation committee or do your comps projects until it's approved. And I'm finally putting together my committee and want to get my comps done this year. SO, I did it and it's signed by my advisor and I turned it in this afternoon. Finally!

I also figured out I'll be graduating with a minimum of 111 credits - probably more like 114-117. Not too shabby, I guess ;)

Now I just need one more person for my committee...

No comments: