Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Stuff

I have too much stuff and it makes me cranky.
Very, very cranky.


I went clothes shopping earler this evening. I came home with a grand total of, oh, about 7 articles of clothing, including one pair of slacks, three blouses, a pair of running shorts, a sports bra, and a black sweater to wear over my black velvet dress for orchestra concerts (since the dress is sleeveless but long sleeves are required for concerts).


Really not too extravagant, I don't think. Especially considering I've gotten rid of at least twice that to charity and thrift stores and a friend in the past couple months. Oh, except for the running shorts. They went to the trash 'cause the butt finally ripped out.
And I try to shop smart - I saved more than I spent.


But it's still more stuff!
I just feel like I have too much.

And most of it is school stuff - books and books and books and binders and binders and notebooks and paper and highlighters and post-its and some more books. Really pretty scant on the dishes and kitchen gadgets, the canned and packaged foods, the towels and sheets and bathroom supplies. A fair amount of clothes and shoes, but not out of control - when the closet seems waaaay to full, I try to remind myself that I have no dresser, so of course the closet is full. Some extra stuffed animals and knick-knacks, but I even got rid of some of those.


But it's still too much stuff!
AAAAHHHH!


When did I become such a wanna'-be-minimalist?

More importantly, why can't I just fit in with the rest of this society?
Not only should I be happy with my stuff - I should be trying to get MORE stuff, and bigger-and-better stuff! It's the American Way!
I'm just a bad American in that respect, I guess :(


Oh well - I should get back to homework for now, I've already dedicated too much time to stuff, but I'm excited for Christmas break so I can weed out some of the stuff. Just needed to vent so I can move on... but first, a fun cartoon from the Onion:


No comments: