Sunday, February 24, 2008

P.S.

Thank you, Heidi, for the wonderful black bean and sweet potato chili recipe.
I made it last night - sauted and simmered everything as suggested (with a couple jalapenos, extra tomatoes, an extra yam, and improvised spices), and then I threw it in the crockpot for a couple hours on low while Juilie taught a riding lesson and we did chores - coming in out of the dark and the rain to that was quite pleasant! Sliced up some avocado and mango on the side, and it was a total hit with Juilie and me (Lonnie's got a thing about chunky textures - but whatever - more for us), and hopefully the extra veggies (= extra vitamins) will help with this darn sickness.

Anywhose, quite fantastic - thank you, and hope you are feeling better!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I'm glad you liked it! It's one of my favorites. :)