Sunday, April 6, 2008

am i really cut out for this?

Sometimes I just start to wonder if I'm cut out for this. I get to that point where I don't even know what to say or what to do - does that feeling - that doubt and that fear - ever go away? It has to, or how d'you ever make it through life?

Okay, so I'm sure you still get through life - that's being a little drastic - but what sorts of relationships can you truly form with people? It's funny - for being such a people-person, I sure get to that point where I don't even want to deal with people. And not because of the other "people," but because I start to drive myself crazy! What can I say and what should I say (or shouldn't), and how do I/should I react to things and am I being too judgemental or too obnoxious and why am I so quick to lay all the blame and responsibility on myself? And why am I so afraid? Even when I do have the opportunity to just be totally comfortable and be totally myself and totally open with someone I trust - I'm still reserved and afraid. Why? Where did that come from? It's different with my family, at least. I mean, I'd hope so, after 26 years (well, 23 in Scott's case) but not everyone shares the relationship with their family that I do with mine.

I am totally intrigued by intuition, too - my counselor is always telling me to trust my intuition - but what IS intuition?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

intuition is something that you know deep down inside. you don't know why or how you know, only that you know. often it is something that must be acted upon to help preserve one's self.
that is my view on it anyway, what has your intuition been telling you that has you up in arms?