Saturday, April 12, 2008

Mom was right...

And there it is in writing.
I've decided that time is kind of like money in the bank - you always want to try and keep a little extra just in case of emergency. Well, I am learning that time is the same way - you always want to keep a little extra in case of emergency. As I have mentioned before, I really like packing my schedule nice and full - not enough to be totally stressed all the time - but enough to stay good 'n busy 'n out of trouble ;). However, having felt so completely gross as of late, and spending so much time sleeping, I finally get it. If I save up some extra time for these "just in case" situations, then sleeping extra really won't be interfering with too much. Like having money in the bank, baby.
I finally get what mom has been saying for years now. Just had to find out for myself, as usual - thanks mom :D

Speaking of sleeping - funny story to share. So I stopped by Sam's Club before orchestra on Thursday, and it really wasn't as busy as I'd expected, so I got out of there and was early to orchestra by about 45 min. So I figured I'd just lay my head down on the passenger seat and take a 15-20 minute nap until other people started to show up. It was a pretty safe idea (so I though), 'cause I never really fall asleep in my car, and I'd hear everyone else getting there and talking and opening and shutting car doors and such. But, oops - I misjudged. I didn't wake up 'til 7:02 - and, yes, rehearsal starts at 7:00. So I walk in 5 minutes late - not because I got there late, but because I got there so early! I felt really silly for that one... oh well, no harm.

No comments: