Friday, March 21, 2008

Friday...seriously!?

So right now is one of those times I'd be okay with alone time. I really like people - watching people and talking to people (well, I really mostly prefer watching, but often I end up talking with people - hard for me to refrain from engaging). But I also value my alone time - and at the time, I really would be okay with some. Not really fair, 'cause I feel gross, and it's Spring Break, and one is NOT supposed to feel like ass over spring break, especially when one was really looking forward to using the time to be super-productive, and, instead, one spends the majority of the time sleeping and being lazy since it's hard to concentrate. And now it's Friday, and classes start back again on Monday, and I still have tons I could do and I still feel like ass and my antibiotics are done, so you'd think I would be feeling better by now...???
Anyways, the point is that I'm already extra cranky-pants, so of course I would be okay with alone time, but one of Lonnie's friends stopped by with his now-fiance, and Juilie and the fiance are just chattin', but Lonnie and Shaun are totally blasting music 'n such. And it's not fair for me to be cranky, but I would be fine being home alone so I can sit in the shower until the water runs cold and wear my towel out to get more juice and maybe some food - though food is still iffy - I think I'd even be okay with some quiet-time (as opposed to my usually ever-present background noise).
Ah well. Lonnie works tomorrow and Juilie is riding with her mom in to town for a massage, so I can clean house and do laundry and be cranky all by my self. ;0)

Oh my word - speaking of massages, I went in to the massage therapist today, and holy hell. I am so sore - but in a good way. Nancy, the massage therapist, is so unbelievably amazing - she knows just where to target and how heavy/light to keep things and doesn't "just" massage - she does isometrics and has stretches and exercises she sends you home with everything. I just hadn't been in for ages, so I was definitely overdue. I'm gonna' go again next week 'cause she wants to do more work on my neck and lower back, but today was so amazing, and I am so much more relaxed, but, at the same time, feel like I just had one of the most intense workouts ever. Crazy.

Mmm - and I haven't yet blogged about the last two weekends, but, for now, suffice to say that both were wonderful, wonderful weekends! So I suppose I can't complain about my Spring Break ;0)

No comments: