Saturday, March 1, 2008

Okay, so maybe I needed more sleep...


So I've been sick for, like, a little over a week now. And at the beginning of it all, I was having trouble getting enough sleep, 'cause even though I felt like I was spending all day sleeping, it was really in relatively short increments (hence the posts below at 4 and 5 in the morning).

Well today, I was dead to the world for just shy of 8 hours. And that is after a full 8 hours of sleep last night! So maybe I really did need it...like everyone has been telling me...but I hate sleeping that much!

In this case, I'm kinda' okay with it, though. See, I laid down to take a couple-hour nap around 2:00. Planned on getting up at 4:00 to go running, help with chores, then shower and go out with Juilie and Michelle and a co-worker of Juilie's for dinner & a movie. Instead, I laid down for a nap around 2:00 and woke up around 9:30 p.m. So, in this case, I'm only losing out on a night out, so I think sleep was definitely okay - much more needed than going out. Especially since I need to be healthy for when my brother comes next weekend!!!

Besides, Lonnie took my place for "girls" night ;)
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Lonnie voluntarily left the house - to go out with a bunch of girls, no less - which is nice for Juilie. So this worked out for everyone!

Now I just need to decide if I want to go back to sleep or work on some homework...

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Hope you are better soon, Karen! Greg is working on fighting off a cold too, so hopefully you will both be in good health when you see each other. :)

kiki said...

Yikes! Get healthy soon!