Monday, March 31, 2008

Crazy days and thoughts

The the craziest thing happened yesterday!
(okay, maybe not the craziest, but pretty darn crazy)

So I met with a friend of mine last night to study for today's statistics test. She lives in Fort Collins, and there really aren't a lot of "half-way" meeting points, so I just went over there to meet with her. Well, being Fort Collins, there a MANY options for places to meet. We decided on one particular Starbucks location. So I get there, and I go to order a chai, and the person behind the counter looks up to take my order, and it is BETH!

Beth and I met in the first grade in Mrs. Luther's class. We were best friends all through elementary school, went to different middle schools, but were back together again come high school. Girlscouts, most of the same classes, cross-country and track - we were the two crazy girls on the team who actually liked running for fun and would go on long runs together.
So she went off to college in CA while I stayed in WA, but we both end up in Colorado for grad. school, and then *poof* - it is Beth behind the counter at that one particular Starbucks. Small world, isn't it?! SO crazy! we chatted, I met her husband, and now we finally have each other's contact info. But I am still shakin' my head over the whole thing - we picked that Starbucks and met at that time and there was Beth!

Crazy...

And, for your entertainment, a few more random thoughts:

Sometimes it is interesting when people who like grayness and like analyzing things communicate with those who prefer the black-and-white approach. I'm not saying any approach is better or worse - just a simple observations that it can present challenges in communication.

You know what else is challenging? Self-evaluation - like really, deeply evaluating yourself and your perspectives and views and how you view the world and considering your interactions with others. And then deciding what to do with that information.
Except maybe it's not challenging at all - this is, afterall, just my perspective on things.
It's also challenging when you know you are being hypocritical, but that change is slower in coming. Why can't it change immediately, and why shouldn't it? But easier said than done...

It is frustrating as hell to have so little confidence that you look to others to validate your own views and opinions. It is a SELF-perspective...
And is it self-confidence, or is it something else? Value is in there, too. What else?

Dude, and how frustrating IS hell?

What is the meaning of life?

Are we all unique individuals, or do we just like to think so?
How is it that those desires for belonging and for individuality coexist? How do we accommodate for that in our selves and in our lives?

Looking at different types of relationships is fun and interesting - and confusing, but that's part of the fun.

How much of this will I read later and wonder - "why did I say that?" "what did I mean?" or think - "oh, I cannot believe that was my thought process!"
Does it matter? Does it matter what I did think, or only what I do think?

Oh, and note to self: remember the word "Compromise" for later...

No comments: